How to Visit San Francisco
San Francisco is a city designed to be visited. With excellent public transportation and visitor passes offering reduced rates, it is ideal for the budget-minded traveler.
Home to some of the world’s most famous landmarks as well as many other cultural and historical sites there is plenty to see and do in the city by the bay.
6 Steps to Visit San Francisco
1. Begin your tour of San Francisco at the famed Fisherman’s Wharf.
Here visitors can look at one of the country’s best preserved historical downtown’s. The best part of this attraction is that it is absolutely free.
2. Move on to Ghirardelli Square, home to some of the world’s best chocolate.
Treat yourself to a decadent sundae at the Ghirardelli Ice Cream and Chocolate Shop.
3. Visit the infamous prison, Alcatraz.
Save yourself time in line by ordering tickets online.
4. Walk down America’s most crooked street, Lombard Street.
From the top of the street snap some photos of the great view.
5. Explore San Francisco’s famed China Town and dine at one of the hundreds of restaurants located there, including Chef Hungs on Clay Street and the Hang Ah Tea Room at Pagoda Place.
6. Drive or walk across the famous San Francisco landmark, the Golden Gate Bridge.
Enjoy the views from the visitor center on the San Francisco end.
Purchase a city pass, which gives discounts on many of the most popular tourist attractions throughout the Bay area.
You Might Also Like :: How to Eat in San Francisco on the Cheap