How to Use a Back Massager While Pregnant
Getting a back massage during pregnancy can be very beneficial for a mother-to-be. Not only will it reduce the pain and irritation, but it also will help increase circulation in the back, abdomen and belly. You should not, however, get a deep-tissue massage while you are pregnant. This can put too much pressure on sensitive parts in your back and sides and actually induce labor. In addition, you should wait to use any back massager or get a professional back massage until after your first trimester and no later than 36 weeks into the pregnancy.
Things You’ll Need
- Handheld or chair massager
- Batteries or close electrical outlet
5 Steps to Use a Back Massager While Pregnant
1. Consult with your doctor to be sure it is safe for you to get a massage.
2. Place the batteries in the massager or plug it into an electrical outlet.
3. Sit down with the massager in place on the chair (if using a chair massager).
Otherwise, lay on your side on a firm, but comfortable surface.
4. Use the hand massager or the chair massager on the region of the back that is most affected.
If using a hand-held massager, you may need to have your partner or a friend help you use it.
5. Use the massager for about 15 or 20 minutes, no more than twice daily.
Overuse can harm the muscles and create more pain in the area.
You Might Also Like :: How to Stay Beautiful Naturally During Pregnancy