How to Overcome Doubt
Doubt is that nagging voice in the back of your mind that tells you all the reasons you can’t succeed. It can be called shyness, anxiety, or lack of self-confidence, but whatever its name, it can hurt your life. There are several ways to overcome doubt.
Each person is different, so try them out and find which ones work the best for you. Then continue to use them to help build your confidence and banish negative thoughts.
7 Steps to Overcome Doubt
1. Identify what causes doubt in your life.
Make a list of the phrases you tell yourself about these doubts, such as “I can’t do this” or “I’m not talented enough.”
2. Talk to your friends and family and ask them to support you in overcoming your doubts.
They should give you positive support and encourage you to keep trying.
3. Say something positive to yourself every time you catch yourself thinking a negative message.
Instead of thinking “I can’t do this,” think “I can do this,” or “I’m learning how to do this.”
4. Exercise and practice deep breathing when you’re stressed.
Any time you feel worried, take a moment to remind yourself to relax and take a long, deep breath. Exhale and tell yourself something positive. Soon this will be your natural response to stressful situations.
5. Volunteer to help others.
When you help someone else, you feel better about yourself.
6. Try one new thing each day.
If you are afraid of public speaking, start by saying hello to a new person every day. When that no longer bothers you, move on to talking to a complete stranger. Use baby steps to reach the goal, and overcome the doubt that you can’t do it.
7. Check out some self-help books from your local library on overcoming anxiety or building self-confidence.
These will both provide exercises you can try to help overcome your doubts.
Remember that overcoming doubt takes time. Don’t get upset if it takes longer than you expected.
You Might Also Like :: How to Avoid Narcissistic Behaviors