How to Increase Follicle Count on Follistim
According to Daily Med, the National Library of Medicine’s primary online source of pharmaceutical drug information, Follistim is prescribed as a manufactured follicle-stimulating hormone.
Follicular development is necessary to stimulate ovulation in women. Because of this, infertile women are primarily given Follistim to initiate ovulation making pregnancy a possibility. Further, Daily Med explains that as of June 2018 Follistim was approved by the Food and Drug Administration for use in men suffering from hypogonadotropic hypogonadism to induce sperm generation. Follistim is administered in different ways for women and men.
Things You’ll Need
- Soap and water
- Alcohol swabs
Follistim Dosing Regimen
1. Inject 50 international units (IUs) of Follistim under the skin daily for at least seven consecutive days or as prescribed by a gynecologist.
This dose is recommended to initiate ovulation in women. Thereafter, your physician will order blood tests to measure the level of follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and estrogen in the blood.
Based on test results, you will be prescribed an increased dose of 25 to 50 IUs each week until desired follicular growth is reached. Each week thereafter, the physician will increase the dose to 25 or 50 IUs. An acceptable pre-ovulatory state is detected by ovarian ultrasound and FSH blood tests.
2. Generate testosterone by accepting pretreatment with hCG in the amount of 1,500 IUs twice per week.
Men will have blood tests ordered to measure testosterone levels eight weeks after hCG treatments. If testosterone levels have not normalized, the hCG dose may be increased after eight weeks of hCG treatment. The dose may be increased to 3,000 IUs twice per week.
3. Inject Follistim 450 IUs weekly, 225 IUs twice per week or 150 IUs three times per week, according to doctor’s orders after testosterone levels are normalized in the blood.
This prescription must be administered along with the same dose of hCG used to restore normal testosterone blood levels.
How to Administer
1. Wash your hands with soap and water.
Lift the flip cap off the vial of Follistim and wipe the rubber stopper clean with an alcohol swab. Choose an injection site just below the belly button or on the upper thigh. Use another alcohol swab and clean 2 inches around the intended injection site.
2. Pierce the vial through the rubber stopper with a needled syringe.
Draw up your prescribed dose into the syringe. Hold the syringe straight up. Tap the side to send air bubbles to the top. Plunge the air out which is demonstrated by a drop of Follistim appearing at the top of the syringe.
3. Pinch an area of skin between the thumb and index finger and inject the syringe at a 90-degree angle.
Once achieved, women will be given 5,000 to 10,000 IUs of human chorionic gonadotropin hormone (hCG) for final egg maturation. Beginning the day before the first hCG dose, women are encouraged to have daily intercourse to conceive.
You Might Also Like :: How to Play Music for a Baby in the Womb