How to Get Rid of an Inferiority Complex
Whether you had siblings or parents who told you weren’t good enough, or it is simply a complex you developed on your own, you should rid yourself of any feelings you have of inferiority. It can lead to a sad life, and taking dangerous and stupid risks just to please others.
6 Steps to Get Rid of an Inferiority Complex
1. Accentuate your positives.
An inferiority complex is compounded an obsession with your weaknesses. Every day, make a list, or add to a list, of all of your good qualities. Keep the list with you to boost your morale during a tough time.
2. Practice, and improve upon, your unique skills and talents.
Take courses or find a mentor to help you. By strengthening your talents, you can build confidence in yourself and get rid of an inferiority complex.
3. Use affirmations to help you build self esteem and get rid of an inferiority complex.
Repeat to yourself many times during the day that you are a unique and gifted person who has many good qualities. It also helps to affirm your love for yourself every day, out loud.
4. Remember that everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses, and that yours are no different from any other person’s.
You don’t have to point them out to others, but telling yourself that you aren’t any better or worse is important.
5. Begin a self-improvement regimen.
If there are things that you can change, such as your weight, education or career, start working towards improving those areas of your life. Join a gym, start taking classes to work toward a degree and apply yourself at work to get a promotion.
6. Get outside help to overcome an inferiority complex.
Using hypnosis, a counselor or a life coach can be just the thing to help you get rid of your negative self image.