How to Find a Zumba Class
Zumba is a dance fitness trend that over 5 million people participate in per week. Zumba classes fuse Latin rhythms, international beats and easy-to-follow moves for an excellent cardiovascular workout.
As of July 2019, the Zumba program was being taught at over 60,000 locations in 82 countries, so finding a class should be simple.
Finding a Zumba Class
1. The official Zumba website keeps a searchable database of classes and Zumba instructors.
To search for a class, go to zumba.com and click on “Find a Class.” Enter your address or zip code to find all the Zumba classes offered in your area.
2. To search for a Zumba instructor, click on “Find an Instructor.”
From this page you can search by name or by location. For example, to see a list of Zumba instructors in Chicago, IL., click on the “Search Locations” tab and enter “Chicago, IL.” A list of all Zumba Instructors will pop up with photographs and phone numbers. You can also view an instructor’s profile to learn more about her and where she teaches.
3. To search for an international class, from the “Find a Class” tab, click on “Looking for classes outside the US?” then select the country and city.
4. Once you have located a class, call the instructor, gym or studio to see if you need to make a reservation or arrive early.
Zumba classes can be very popular and some facilities have a limited amount of space.
Tips and Warnings
- Wear comfortable clothes and appropriate workout shoes.
- Drink plenty of water before, during and after the Zumba class.
- If you already belong to a gym or fitness studio, ask at the front desk if Zumba classes are offered.
- Before beginning a new workout, be careful and start slowly. Some participants may need to consult a doctor before attending a class.
You Might Also Like :: How to Stretch Before Zumba Class