How to Embed Positive Affirmations in Speech
An affirmation is a declaration or statement of truth and being. If repeated regularly, affirmations can change the way individuals view themselves and the world.
Embedding positive affirmations in your daily speech-to yourself and others- will permeate your subconscious and create behaviors that can lead to positive effects in your life.
5 Steps to Embed Positive Affirmations in Speech
1. Think of areas in your life where you want satisfying changes.
Think of what parts of your life are not working. You can properly model your affirmations in those areas.
2. Write a list of affirmations specifically geared towards the areas you would like to change.
Refrain from using negative language or listing things you don’t want. For example, “I don’t have any debt” is less effective than “I am prosperous and abundant.”
3. Say your affirmations out loud to yourself when waking up and before going to bed.
When we wake up or go to sleep the brain waves slow down and information can surpass the conscious and reach the subconscious mind. It’s in the subconscious mind where change can take place. Books such as “Psycho-Cybernetics” by Maxwell Maltz offer more details about this phenomenon.
4. Say your affirmations, out loud or silently, when you’re having thoughts that are opposed to your affirmations.
Negative thoughts can cancel your positive affirmations.Repeating your positive affirmations while having negative thoughts or experiences will eventually replace the negative with positive.
5. Post your affirmations around your home or vehicle so you can view them regularly.
Viewing your affirmations consistently will further remind you of the changes you want to make in your life.
When talking with others about negative topics, don’t use negative language or words that oppose the positive affirmations and changes you want your life.
You Might Also Like :: Positive Affirmations to Feel Better