How to Buy Stocks as a College Student
College students are always looking for some extra money and here is a way to do that. It just requires a little bit of patience and of course some money.
Things You’ll Need
- Time to do some research
- Maybe a little luck
Ways to Buy Stocks as a College Student
Get some money, it doesn’t really matter how much but it will affect what kind of account you can get. I’d recommend saving some money until you can get a couple of hundred bucks.
It makes things faster and easier the more money you have, though you can start with almost any amount above $30.00 for sure.
Find an investment site that you need to utilize, this will be restricted by the measure of cash you have in light of the fact that a considerable lot of them have essentials.
There are a few things to look at when choosing your site:
1. Whether or not they require a minimum to open an account
2. How much trading fees are (you have to pay to buy and sell shares online and different sites have different costs)
3. The security of the site because you don’t want to just give your money to just anyone right.
4. If there are any special deals going on at the moment like they match your first deposit or give you some free trades. Look at the tips to see some different sites that are available.
Begin investing and hopefully make some money. Now comes the patience, you need to begin researching different stocks and learning as much as you can about the stock market and how it works.
I wouldn’t expect huge returns unless you are extremely lucky but you can at least make a little bit of money if you play it safe and make wise decisions.
- I recommend using sharebuilder.com because they have no minimums and it costs 9.99 for a trade so its nice place to get started.
- Don’t invest all of your money its never guaranteed that you will make any money at all, so be careful and good luck.